PROTECTION & GROUNDING- Raw Natural Obsidian
PROTECTION & GROUNDING- Raw Natural Obsidian
Obsidian’s energy draws you in softly, but very deeply, which makes the presence of black obsidian powerful in many ways! Slowly bringing many things to the surface- it also helps us become more grounded, focused, and clear in all practical matters. It can assist in developing razor-like mental abilities and the power of discernment. So whats not to love?
These beautiful natural pieces are ready to find new keepers
THE UNIQUE MAGICAL ENERGIES- OBSIDIAN
- Obsidian is a naturally occurring volcanic glass formed as an extrusive igneous rock. Obsidian is produced when felsic lava extruded from a volcano cools rapidly with minimal crystal growth. So technically we can’t classify this as a crystal as its lattice work is not a repeating pattern.
- Category: Volcanic glass
- Other characteristics: Texture: Smooth; glassy
- Fracture: Conchoidal
- Hardness: 7
- Chakra Alignment: Root
- Chemical Composition: SiO2 Silicon Dioxide with traces of Volcanic, amorphous, siliceous glassy rock
- Mineral Class: Oxides/Silicates, igneous glass
- In ancient times the Roman Obsius was the discoverer of a similar mineral in Ethiopia (the added “d” was due to a printer’s error in the 14th or 15th century).
- Obsidian has a concoidal fracture, making it an excellent material for use in tools and weapons, and it has been used as such in the Americas, where is more common than flint.
- It is so sharp it is still used to make surgical scalpel blades from it.
- Ancient Greeks and ancient Aztecs also used it for mirrors, as it is highly reflective when polished. Dr Dee (1527 – 1608 - noted English mathematician, astronomer, astrologer, occultist, navigator, imperialist, and consultant to Queen Elizabeth I) apparently used a black mirror, believed to be obsidian, as one of his scrying tools.
- Has the elements of fire, water and earth at it's core,
- Obsidian represents the potential we are born with, in suspension, before it begins to crystallise. All obsidians ground and protect, root spiritual energy, and dissolve shock, fear, pain & energy blocks. Obsidian aids inner reflection, and helps us to release addiction and unhealthy behaviour patterns. For many its grounding and protecting qualities are very comforting. In this capacity, obsidian is recommended for stress, anxiety and addiction.
- Because black obsidian expresses a clear energy of truth without taking any sides, it can be useful for those who tend to react emotionally to people and events.
Obsidian is also used for scrying mirrors and crystal balls, due to its glossy mirror like shine. Obsidian crystallised extremely quickly, which produces a smooth finish and no visible crystals. This gives it a very pure black colour and a high shine perfect for scrying. The exact way in which it crystallises can result in a few different varieties of obsidian- gold sheen - inclusion for snowflake obsidian etc.
Use at the centre of a crystal grid for grounding or protection, place on your body for chakra protection and balancing. Or simply use in any area which requires protection and some grounding energy.
Chakras & Placement
This crystal also works with your base/root chakra, connecting you to your inner instincts and helping you to make difficult decisions and calm your thoughts. Obsidian also activates the Heart chakra, which is your energetic centre. Use Obsidian to calm that centre and find a positive balance in tricky situations.
Obsidian is a great stone for energy deflection and seeing through to the truth. Place it in your home or the place where you think the most to gain insight on a different level. An emotional shield, Obsidian when held in the hand, can forge a wall between yourself and your fears or worries. Place between your feet ( earth star chakra) for extra help grounding and connecting to the earth.
Prolonged sunlight may fade your obsidian so i prefer to avoid it. Any crystals used for energy work need to be regularly cleansed. I suggest placing in full moon moonlight to energize, and revitalise. To cleanse, It can also be smudged/ moved through sage smoke or incense, my favourite way to cleanse is to place on a selenite charging plate or near selenite overnight. Water can be used to gently clean this stone.Because black obsidian is believed to draw in negative energy, cleanse it regularly and take good care of its physical surroundings.
This listing is for one (1) OBSIDIAN Raw chunks- choice of 3 beautiful options in the drop down menu, which one speaks to you??
A. 104.4g 7cm at its longest point
B. 90.6g 6.7cm at its longest point
C. 87.1g 6cm at its longest point
it will come to you Carefully gift wrapped with information about the properties of the stone. Along with my complimentary Crystal care sheet. Rest assured every piece i supply has been hand chosen as if i was keeping it for myself