Let’s Make Some Gem Elixirs!
There are two simple methods the direct and indirect method .
I advocate the INDIRECT method as some crystals are toxic, leach minerals or dissolve in water.
- INDIRECT: Created by by placing crystals around your water in a crystal grid like pattern or place them in a sealed jar within the water you are wishing to infuse- like a submarine of crystals.
- DIRECT: method is created by placing your crystals directly into water. Typically, natural crystals in the quartz family ( silicates) , such as clear quartz, rose, citrine and smoky quartz, are all quite safe to infuse directly into water. But please do your research if using this method- crystals such as malachite leach arsenic when placed in water, selenite if high in aluminium and will dissolve in water.
We can add more layers of energy to our elixirs by adding essential oils, herbs, affirmations and lunar/moon phases or even the pranic energy of the sun. The moon, sun and cosmic shifts combined with crystals are fabulous holders of high vibrational energy.
– This phases signifies new beginnings –
At this time the Moon is positioned between the Earth and the Sun, so it is not seen from Earth. When the Moon is invisible it signals a strong power that everything is being cleared. A Perfect elixir time for manifesting new projects.
Match the energy using crystals such as moonstone - the stone of new beginnings, amazonite, and blue kyanite
Waxing Crescent Moon
– This phases signifies new intentions –
The ‘Waxing’ means the Moons illumination is glowing and the ‘Crescent’ means less than half of the Moon is illuminated.
During this time you should focus on the why, think of it like planting seeds. This is a time linked to positive emotions- Crystals such as rose quartz, clear quartz and
First Quarter Moon
– This phases signifies decision making –
This is when exactly half of the Moon is illuminated and the other half is left shadowed. The Moon will appear as though it has been cut into half – this signifies that action is ready to be taken. Crystals such as carnelian, for energy and courage
Waxing Gibbous Moon
– This phases signifies refinement –
The ‘Waxing; means that the Moons illumination is growing and the ‘Gibbous’ means that more than half of the Moon is illuminated. A time for fine details and patience. Tiger eye is a good stone to match this phase as it is known for good luck , helping a positive outcome
– This phases signifies release and sealing intentions –
During this time the Sun illuminates the entire moon – this is also known as the harvest moon.
This is a great time to set goals and develop spiritual growth. Joyful and positive energy crystals such as Sunstone, clear quartz match this phase.
Waning Gibbous Moon
– This phases signifies gratitude –
This stage is the counterpart to the waxing moon. Rather than refining our outward actions this is a time to reflect inwards about how we feel.
The ‘Waning’ refers to the decreasing of the Moon’s illumination and ‘Gibbous’ means more than half of the Moon is illuminated.
Energetically it is a time to release what no longer has purpose- so use positive crystals such as citrine for a creative and positive outlook to infuse your crystal elixir.
Third Quarter Moon
– This phases signifies forgiveness, goal setting and preparation –
This is when the moon is exactly half illuminated and the other half is left shadowed. This is the opposite of the First Quarter Moon.
It goal listing time- preparation for changes ahead- Using crystals such as apophyllite, astrophyllite can be beneficial to match this energy phase.
Waning Crescent Moon
– This phases signifies forgiveness surrender- let it go –
The ‘Waning’ refers to the shrinking of the Moon’s illumination and the ‘Crescent’ means less A time of release- crystals to banish negativity such as black tourmaline, obsidian and black kyanite
The New Moon
– The cycle begins again ……
SO you can see how matching your elixir , crystals and specific intention to a moon phase can be a powerful energetic tool!
USING YOUR GEM ELIXIR
Crystal gem elixirs can be used for anointing, wellbeing tonics, for your plants, your pets, in essential oil mixes/ perfumes/sprays , put it in your bath, cleanse your crystals, add to your crystal healing and so so many more applications!
Best thing is it’s cheap and a fabulous way to use the energy vibrations of your crystals!
You can make pure crystal elixirs over and over again - with advanced high vibrational stones like moldavite , or Herkimer diamonds !
BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL IF USING THE DIRECT METHOD, MANY, MANY CRYSTALS ARE TOXIC - PROCEED WITH GREAT CAUTION. KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING & PLEASE RESEARCH YOUR CRYSTALS.
I advocate only using the indirect mixed with some Dr Emoto science . He discovered water has proven to have memory and takes on The energy of whatever energy surrounds it . So how perfect a way is it to ‘infuse’ your water energetically with your crystals energy?!
This is how I do it and my basic recipe but you can tweak and add to it as you wish, there are no rules or regulations this is intuitive energy work. If you want to add essential oils , sigals or even create an elaborate crystal grid around it go for it
Lets create a full moon ‘mother’ mix. This will be diluted when we use it as this is powerful energy.
FULL MOON MOTHER MIX
What you will need :
- A glass bottle or jar filled with Clean fresh water- a lid is a must to stop bugs and animals getting into the water!
- Intuitively chosen crystals to match your intention
- A pen and some paper
- Optional :A couple of drops of vodka If your intending to keep it for a few weeks .
- For maximum efficiency please Use within a month
Gather your supplies and find a quiet safe spot preferably outside on the night of a full moon , if you can’t get outside a moon filled window will do at a pinch.
- Set an intention - what positive energy would you like the full moon to help infuse into your crystals and water. Write in down on your piece of paper
- Place the words under your water container or you can label your bottles. Words are power - intention is power! If you’ve got a waterproof pen you can write onto your bottle. Dr Emoto was a Japanese scientist that extensively worked with water. He has PROVEN that water has memory and changes on a molecular level with whatever it around it. So how perfect to charge and layer it up with not only the full moon but your chosen crystals!
- Arrange your crystals - herbs, symbols etc around your water container. You don’t have to do this but you can choose to speak your intention and the activate the energy using your finger, a selenite wand, or quartz wand.
Then that’s it!!! Leave it overnight under mumma moons care. And voila this is gem elixir - potent energy infused into water and amplified by the energy of crystals.
ELIXIR STORAGE & DOSAGE
There’s a couple of schools of thought about how long to keep your water - if I’m not using it within a week, I add a couple of drops of vodka to the mixture and pop in the fridge. Use within a month for maximum effectiveness.
When taking internally I tend to use drops of the ‘mother’ original mix essence/elixir in a small amount of water rather than dosing on a pure amount. This also makes it go further!
I suggest that generally about 4 drops is a dose.
Putting those drops in 1 cup of water is a good rule of thumb.
- High Energy Crystals: For extended use, take a 7-day break every two weeks.
- Normal Energy Crystals: For extended use take a 7-day rest between each 30 days.
- Calming Crystals: Not for extended use. Limit to every other day.
NURTURE PROTECT & INSPIRE : full moon using rose quartz and tourmaline with lemurian seed crystals and Some bay leaves.
CREATING ABUNDANCE: full moon or new moon - Congo citrine, cathedral quartz, double terminated wands wands
NEW BEGINNINGS: New Moon - clear quartz, moonstone, astrophyllite, carnelian
you get the idea!!
I’d love to see your photos if you give this a go and let me know what you think
Stay safe thanks for joining me